Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:09:29 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Subject:   Re: help requested from apache wizards...

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 01:38:03PM -0600, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:36:34AM -0800 I heard the voice of
> Gary Kline, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > 	But putting the same line in a virtual side, into
> > 	index.shtml, gives me the following err from apache:
> >
> > 	You don't have permission to access / on this server.
> >
> > 	Any apache wizards know what I'm doing wrong here?
>
> You don't have index.shtml specified as a candidate for DirectoryIndex.

	Yes, that was the answer; now I'd like to know exactly
	where this directive is allowed (andor disallowed).

	I put the line both within the <IfModule mod_dir.c> tags
	and inside my virtual server delimiters.  Should/can it
	be in both places?  am I increasing the load on the server?

	thanks much!

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix