Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Emulation)
Subject:   VMWare on 4.0 STABLE

	I am trying to get VMWare 2.0 to run on afreshly installed 4.0 STABLE
	laptop.

	I installed the port, grabed the Linux profs port, and installed it.
	All of this went withou any errors.

	Now what I wan to do in te long run (I think) is to use the partitons
	of my multiboot machine as drives for VWARe (please feel free to tell
	me this is a bad idea, if it is). My disk is partioned as folllows:

	slice 1 NT 4.0
	slice 2 DOS (Yes really)
	slice 3 FreeBSD 4.0 STABLE

	I would appreciate some advice on how to get this working. The VMWare
	setup wizzard does not seem to think these slices exist.

	In any cas, I decided to try something simple (I thought) to at leas
	get something runing. I ran the stup wizzard, and told it to creat a
	200M virtual disk for DOS. All this seemed to go OK. Then I put the
	first disk of the DOS install set in the floppy dirve, and hit the
	"Power On" buttom in vmware. I got an error about reuning on a remote
	drive, which I don;t understand. In any case, it flashed and came back
	to the original white screen. I invoked the configuration editr, turned
	of a few things (CDROM, network) and tried again, at this point the
	floppy drive light came on.

	That was 10 minutes ago. Now the floppy light has gone out, and I still
	have the smae blank window.

	What am I doing wrong? Can anyone sugest how to get this working?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems

--C2AD137BFCF.961718080/hub.freebsd.org--