Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:57:52 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ale@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Errors building mysql55-client

On 06/27/13 03:13, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Trond Endrestøl
> <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:55-0000, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>> Either the file named distinfo is messed up, or the maintainer has
>> access to a different file than the rest of us. Maybe you should wait
>> until the MySQL mirrors catches up.

I'm going to confirm that this was a recent patch to the ports tree:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/mysql55-server/distinfo?r1=320671&r2=321789

It's pretty clear the versions the port is trying to download -used- to
match the distinfo file, but they no longer do. This cryptic comment:

   Distfile rerolled to make it clearer the license of this
   community edition (GPLv2).

seems to be the source of these errors which are biting me too.

It would be nice for some clearer documentation on why distinfo was
changed, what the real issue is, and what we can do to build this
"correctly". Naively speaking, the version available for download off
the mysql site matches the old distinfo SHA checksum so I'm not sure why
this was changed at all.

I've CC'd the ports list and the responsible committer on this. I'll
file a PR too if I get no response to this message. :)
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
handicapped.