Date:      7 Mar 2000 19:47:39 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh strangeness in -current...

Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be> wrote:

> 	I've been following this thread for a while, and I'd like to ask
> a related question -- can anyone else successfully use scp with
> OpenSSH?

An emphatic YES--for incrementally improving versions of OpenSSH
over the last couple of months, on FreeBSD/i386, OpenBSD/sparc,
OpenBSD/alpha, and Red Hat Linux/alpha. Interoperability with
Ylonen-SSH 1.2.xx on various platforms is also fine.

I don't know why there are so many detractors. Since I also play
around with OpenBSD, I've followed OpenSSH from relatively early
on, and I've experienced some of the initial growing pains. However,
OpenSSH has been rather mature for quite some time now, and I've
replaced Ylonen-SSH with OpenSSH on all machines where I have the
authority to do so.

> On the one machine on which I've installed OpenSSH so far,
> it appears that scp into the machine is totally broken.

There's something broken in your ssh{,d} setup.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de