Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:55:47 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Blackman <markb@met.reading.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: paying for FreeBSD ads

> anybody think its worth **paying** for FreeBSD ads in
> the print media.  I noticed that BSDI is advertising on
> the back of "Internet" magazine (or somesuch title).

It sometimes is, assuming that the advert is well done and the
magazine appropriately selected.  Magazines like UNIX Review, for
example, have traditionally generated _zero_ response for Walnut Creek
CDROM, whereas PC Magazine and Dr Dobb's Journal have always paid off
very well in increased sales.  You have to pick your targets carefully
if you're going to spend real $$$ on advertising.

					Jordan