Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:35:58 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MAKEDEV (or sh?) broken

"Brian F. Feldman" wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>
> > On my CURRENT system cvsup'ed and builded yesterday when I'm trying to
> > do "cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV all" I see following errors:
>
> Did you somehow replace Bourne with BASH? Check.

No, in any way I didn't replaced it (yesterday I installed fresh word and
since that I'm not undertake any activity which might replace /bin/sh):

Script started on Tue Jul 27 14:26:45 1999
sh-2.03# which sh
/bin/sh
sh-2.03# ls -l /bin/sh
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  349808 Jul 26 19:05 /bin/sh
sh-2.03# exit

As you can see paths is right and /bin/sh is not a symlink. Mergemaster
yields similar results, so it can't be my local MAKEDEV fault.

-Maxim
--
"We believe in the Power and the Might!"
                        (Manowar, 1996)