Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:31:36 -0500
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maildrop logging overwriting instead of appending

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:16:17 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>
> > Ok, I finally took the plunge today and converted my .procmailrc
> > into a .mailfilter, adjusted my .forward file, and am now, for the
> > most part, a contented new maildrop user.  :-)
> >
> > Just one problem: on each invocation of maildrop, the logfile is
> > being overwritten, rather than appended to.
> >
> > I have the following in my .mailfilter file (this is outside of any
> > specific filtering rule):
> >
> > logfile "Mail/maildrop.log"
>
> Maybe use an absolute path like "~/Mail/maildrop.log" or
> "$HOME/Mail/maildrop.log"?

Well, I'll try that.  The Mail/maildrop.log *is* being written to, but
I've only seen at most a single delivery noted in it each time I've
looked.  Kinda weird.

Let me see if an absolute path will somehow make a difference...

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads@cox.net