Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 21:58:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de, taob@io.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quotas on v2.1?

hasn't Marc G. Fournier said ? ...

> 	But...I think the question that Brian is asking is will the NFS
> server allow a quota'd file system to be written to if the quota is
> exceeded.  I believe that if quotas are established for the local file
> system, it would make sense that if a remote system, via the nfsd daemon,
> were to try to write to that file system, some sort of error should be
> returned, even if it were something so stupid as "permission denied"...

ok - now i understand ...

> 	Guess there is one way to find out...I'll go try it out and report
> back to the list as soon as I find out either way...

... the fastest way :-)

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de