Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2008 17:46:39 -0700
From:      "Brian McGinty" <brian.mcginty@gmail.com>
To:        "Mihail Balikov" <mgb.fbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ixgbe vs mxge

I don't know nothing about mxge so I can't comment, but I know that
FreeBSD ixgbe driver is not even close to that of the Linux version. I
switched to Linux just for ixgbe as our network was being standardized
on 10G, and I think that's the best bet. The Linux version of the
driver is actively worked on and I got a lot of help and bug fixes
from the maintainers of the driver, whereas the FreeBSD driver is
hopelessly neglected and broken.

Brian