Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:33:35 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it time yet? [was Re: Weak symbols]

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 08:46:44PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> When we want to (someday) build libpthread, it will have to be linkable
> with libc.

So I'll admit that I'm not ready to tackle this problem, as I don't
fully understand it.  But perhaps we should burn that bridge when we get
to it.  If I understand correctly, than implementing weak aliases in
libc today will not hinder a libpthread,  i.e.  the same issues will
need to be dealt with whether libc remains as is or we add weak aliases.

Correct me if I am being shortsighted or if I have this wrong.

Thank for the help,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org