Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:00:48 -0500
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        ports list <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading xorg 6.9 to 7.3 -- what happened to xorg-upgrade?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:10:36PM -0600, Bob Willcox wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 03:56:23PM -0500, Wesley Shields wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 02:34:26PM -0600, Bob Willcox wrote:
> > > The info in /usr/ports/UPGRADING describing the steps to upgrade xorg
> > > says to run xorg-upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't find *anything* with
> > > this name anywhere on my system. Here's my uname output:
> > >
> > > root@sarlacc:pf /usr/ports> uname -a
> > > FreeBSD sarlacc.austin.ibm.com 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE #20: Wed Jan  2 11:29:25 CST 2008     bob@sarlacc.austin.ibm.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SARLACC  amd64
> > >
> > > I have (just today) updated my ports tree (via cvsup).
> > >
> > > Anyone have any idea where I might find the xorg-upgrade file? Perhaps
> > > it isn't required any longer. If that's the case, that would be good to
> > > know as well.
> >
> > What that entry is talking about is using script(1) in order to get an
> > accurate account of exactly what you did in case something goes wrong.
>
> No, I'm not interested in the script(1) part. I am familiar with script
> but wasn't interested in using it here. What I want is the xorg-upgrade
> program that is used to move a bunch of x11 files to new places for the
> 7.x version.

Are you talking about this part of UPDATING:

  # sh /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/mergebase.sh

which will merge /usr/X11R6 into /usr/local?  You specifically mentioned
"the xorg-upgrade file" yet the only mention of "xorg-upgrade" in
UPDATING is talking about script(1).  So I'm a bit confused about your
definition of "xorg-upgrade program."  My guess is the mergebase script
is what you want?

-- WXS