Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 00:52:42 -0400
From:      Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: New installation floppys for 2.0.5A

On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >just a note if this hasn't been fixed in the lastest set, after the NFS
> >and reboot, etc....  I told the disklabel program  to mount /dos
> >when it reboot it gave me errors, I noticed it didn't create a  /dos so
> >it could mount. I'm new to freebsd, so i don't know if your suppose to
> >create this yourself or not.
>
> You need to have the directory (or mount point) for the mount to succeed.

I agree! you need to have /dos first before you
mount -t dos /dev/whatever /dos

the problem was, Install didn't create it, Nor did I see an option to
create it, ( I suppose I could have switched to alt-f4 and created /dos
before I rebooted???)  So when I rebooted, it gave me errors, and never
set up correctly, ( hostname, ifconfig etc....) I had to mkdir /dos, and
then reboot again.