Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:23:22 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: segmentation fault(s) after upgrading to CURRENT

Hello Chris,

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:52:17PM +0100, rainbowit@Rainbow-IT.net wrote:
> I have just upgraded from FreeBSD_6 STABLE to FreeBSD_7 CURRENT (about
> time I did some testing / early adoption I thought).
>
> [12:49]chrisp@valhalla ~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD valhalla.systems.hq.inty.net 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1:
> Thu Oct  5 09:38:09 BST 2006
> chrisp@valhalla.systems.hq.inty.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VALHALLA  i386
>
> My 'VALHALLA' kernel is a copy of 'GENERIC', but with
> RAID/SCSI/FIREWIRE/ISA_NICs removed.
>
> I have completed the upgrade but now I see many of the programs I run, are
> core dumping...

You will have to rebuild all programs that are on the box, because
several libraries had their version numbers bumped. It may be
easiest to simply delete all installed ports first... also, see the file
UPDATING in your src/ directory, it may contain important information.
You should check it everytime *after* you sync your sources, but before
starting the upgrade buildworld :-)

Best of luck with -CURRENT!
--
Regards: