Date:      Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:21:32 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Christian Kurz <C.Kurz@Gigabell.Net>
Cc:        core@freebsd.org, hubs@freebsd.org, c.jachmann@Gigabell.Net, j.czmok@Gigabell.Net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on ftp.cdrom.com going away

>On 00-03-01 David Greenman wrote:
>>    Just a heads-up: The FreeBSD archive on ftp.cdrom.com will be going away
>> soon. It has been moved to ftp.freesoftware.com. The CNAME for ftp.freebsd.org
>> has already been changed (a few days ago, actually) to point to the new
>> location.
>
>After a short discussion with two of my colleagues, we could offer you
>to host ftp.freebsd.org on our new location in the USA. You only need to
>tell us, what exactly you need for this server (Only housing space or a
>separate machine). We would be glad to hear from you.

   We're talking about ftp.freesoftware.com (which carries ftp.freebsd.org
as well as other content). How much bandwidth would be available? We'd need
about 75Mbps initially, growing to 100-150Mbps in the next 6-12 months.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.