Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:59:35 -0500
From:      Chris BeHanna <chris@behanna.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

    Distribution trimmed to -advocacy and -www.

On Monday 27 December 2004 21:45, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> Frank Pawlak wrote:
>
> > This is one of several issues that have been brought up on an almost
> > periodic basis for the past several years.  There have been several
> > attempts by various folks, including a rather ambitious one by this
> > author, and all have died because of severe lack of interest.  It has
> > been a few years since I have posted to this news group but my advise
> > to you is to give it up.  You will only meet with much frustration,
> > apathy, and something along the lines of " if you don't like it fix it
> > yourself".
>
> I say we keep on rehashing this everyday until someone does it just to
> shut us up. ;-) Has there ever been an attempt at forming a group so us
> like minded people "can" fix it ourselfs?

    In case you missed it, a post went by a few days ago about the
in-progress conversion of the site to use CSS, which will make all the
things folks have been desiring much easier to do.

    I'm sure the www-meisters wouldn't mind help doing that, and once
that's done, people who were interested could do up some demos and
core or whomever could decide what they liked best.

    One thing's for sure, "someone should fix this" bitching from the
peanut gallery will NEVER get it done.

Thanks,
--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)