Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:28:41 +0100
From:      Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   new passiv ftp /ftp-proxy problem.

Hi,

I'm trying different pf.conf  for my home router.  I would like to change my actual pf.conf to a default  "block all" policy and explicitly allow/open the ports I need.

How do you have to modify the below pf.conf sample to allow passiv ftp, is this even possible? Please keep in mind that I want  to keep the default "block all".

I would like to use ftp-proxy started from inetd like this:
ftp-proxy       stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy  ftp-proxy -u proxy -m 55000 -M 57000 -t 180

As a test, I created a very simple pf.conf, which actually doesn't work:
#variables
int_if="sis0"
ext_if="tun0"

# options
set block-policy return
set loginterface $ext_if

#
nat on $ext_if from $int_if:network to any -> ($ext_if) static-port
rdr on $int_if proto tcp from !$ext_if to !$int_if:network port ftp -> 127.0.0.1 port ftp-proxy

pass quick on lo0 all
block log-all all

#ftp connections
pass in on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_if:network to { $int_if, localhost } port ftp-proxy keep state
pass out on $ext_if inet proto tcp from $ext_if to any port ftp keep state user proxy

Why isn't this working?

Thx a lot