Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:31:57 +0100
From:      Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SCSI AHC 2940

Hi!

I've been trying to solve a SCSI problem by myself for quiete a long
time now.

I'm not able to install FreeBSD on this machine with a AHC 2940 card
and a 9Gb HD. (even tried linux to be sure it wasn't freebsd driver
that was screwed up)

So today I tried the following: use an IDE 8Gb HD to install FBSD 5.0
and then plug the SCSI drive to create a partition and mount it.
Everything went smooth until I started copying file to the mount point
of the 9Gb SCSI HD.

I first copied /bin to /newhd and it did it without any trouble.
I was really suprised that it was working so I decided to copy
something bigger to make sure it was NOT working :)
So I copied /usr to /newhd and it crashed. I was pretty sure the
errors messages would be in /var/log/messages so I rebooted the
computer and saw that I was completely wrong.

Actually it started copying file and ended with a bunch of errors
followed by a disk syncing (like when you shut down your comp).

I have already tried to change the cable so it should no be the problem.

Now, is there a way to log the error messages so I can tell you
exactly what I get so you can (maybe and hopefully) help me ?

Thanx!