Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:09:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adeptec SlimSCSI "driver allocation failed"

I understand the Adaptec SlimSCSI is the SCSI PCMCIA card most often used by
FreeBSD'ers.

I'm getting the error:
pccardd[some#] driver allocation failed for "Adaptec,
Inc.\"  (device not configured).

I've tried with and without PAO, at 2.2-GAMMA.  Same error.

The card is set to use "aic0", which I understand would be the relevent device.

How is the appropriate device "configured"?  I've enabled aic0 in the kernel,
my pccard.conf has the appropriate entry for the card.  Another PCMCIA card (a
modem) works perfectly, accessing SIO2.

I would appreciate any tips from current users.

Regards.
Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>
date: 26-Feb-97
Time: 14:09:57