Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:06:34 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        joelh@gnu.org, green@unixhelp.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: E-day problems: rtld-elf dlsym() broken?

(moved to -chat)

On Tuesday,  1 September 1998 at 22:22:37 -0500, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
>> As a start, I'd like to say great job to John Birrell and everyone
>> else involved, going to ELF worked almost without a hitch, I'm
>> impressed! But there is a problem now: dlsym, for me, seems to have
>> stopped working.  Entirely.... Returning NULL always it seems. I've
>> attached a program (yes, it's a start on a basic debugger, I'm
>> implementing rtld functions first) which should show the problem to
>> anyone interested.
>
> Guys, can we *please* start sending code snippets as plain text?  MIME
> attachments are fine, just don't use base64.  I will usually give code
> in plain text in a message a once-over, but it's more of a hassle to
> do so in base64.

Can't pine autodecode base64 transparently?

It seems to me that we should agree on some base set of functionality
that a reasonable mailer should support.  Most reasonable mailers
support MIME nowadays, but the level of support varies considerably
(that's one of the reasons I moved from elm; when I tried pine, I
didn't have any trouble with MIME, but I just didn't like some of the
things it did).  I'll toss in a couple of features for discussion:

1.  MIME
2.  base 64
3.  8 bit code
4.  html