Date:      Sat, 28 May 2011 21:58:09 +0100
From:      Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
To:        utisoft@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@freebsd.org>, eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
Subject:   Re: skype-2.1.0.81, 1 says Problem With Audio Playback. Messages work fine.

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 21:16 +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
> On 28 May 2011 19:26, "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com> wrote:

> May 18

> > > Your base is important;
> > >
> > > I know it's a recent make world, but was it to latest sources?
> > >
> > > What's the output of:
> > >
> > > # cd /usr/ports/net-im/skype && make -V OSVERSION
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > # cd /usr/ports/net-im/skype && make -V OSVERSION
> > 900038
> >
> > Gracias, Chris.
> >

> Ah... looks fine, that's not the problem. Sorry, I can't help you with this.
>
> Any other takers? I've CCd the maintainer.
>
> Chris

Need to insure that the sound devices are set to OSS in skype options
menu.

Worth checking the pkg-message also;

2. Sound

Since the OSS interface was removed, Skype now uses linux-alsa compat
packages.
By default you get one device corresponding to your default OSS dsp
device (so
Skype will use it for ringing, incoming voice and mic). If that doesn't
suit
needs, you can map the other dsp devices for example by editing
/compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf. You need to (re)start Skype
after you
edit this file in order to get Skype pick up the changes.
Adding the following to the stock file, and then starting Skype and
choosing
in Options-->Sound Devices:   Speakers: oss1
will let you use the second dsp (usually the front panel connectors for
your
headphones, while still hearing the call ringing and other notification
on the
first dsp device (presumably the one you connect your speakers to).
pcm.oss1 {
        type oss
        device /dev/dsp1
        hint {