Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:15:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MAKEOBJDIR

This is the kind of thing I normally look into the mailing list archives
for, but since they're down now ...

Does anyone know where there's a good explanation of how make uses
MAKEOBJDIR and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?  They're listed as being respected by
make in the man page, but it doesn't say why.  I'm trying to understand
how it's used in older systems and current systems, and not able to follow
it yet.  Something is done via bsd.obj.mk that I can't see (because of
make's special relationship with those two).

Thanks.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.