Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:08:18 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Jason Nugent <malhavoc@stomped.com>
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup list file & file status (c C F U D)

so, Jason Nugent shared this in my lifetime...

> Parv,
>
> There are a whole stack of CVSup files in your
>
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup/
>
> directory.
>
> there is also quite a bit in the Handbook on CVSup.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
>

> Jason
>
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 at 1:52pm, parv thought about
>
> > does anybody know what above mentioned 5 one-letter tags mean in a
> > cvsup list file? i could find only those 5 tags for "src-all" for
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > "RELENG_4".
> >
> > also, does anybody know the complete format of a cvsup list file?
> >
> > manpage of cvsup doesn't have much to say under section "the list
> > file", or "see also". i have checked manpage for cvs too; is the
> > "commands" section, subsection "update" relevant here? web/usenet
> > searches offer nothing relevant...

no. that's not it. please re-read the previous message.

i am not looking information for supfile or its format.  i am looking
for information about  _THE_LIST_FILE_, as cvsup manpage calls it. or,
a "status file" according to the handbook.

anybody else?