Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:25:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Giant instrumentation

Kelly Yancey implemented most of the syscall Giant instrumentation
stuff I outlined in an earlier e-mail.  I have since mostly finished
it and changed a few things.  Most of the changes were design changes
so that the instrumentation stuff was as separated from the rest of
the kernel (and thus easily condionitionally compiled out with minimal
impact) as possible.  Also, it now provides better support for handling
other ABIs.  It's not complete yet (it only has instrumentation for
the native ABI at the moment) but I wanted to post this patch for
feedback.  I have tested it some and it is being tested some more on
alpha and x86 at the moment.  The patch can be found at:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/giantvars.patch