Date:      17 Aug 2002 20:44:47 +0000
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/40841 Wrong info in ppp-primer

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 22:09, Ross Lippert wrote:

> >There's a lot of work to do on this section to get it more in sync with
> >the default ppp.conf files and man pages and so forth.  I'll get with
> >the author/maintainer of this chunk of docs and see where we can go from
> >there.
> The author link, from the primer at least, is out of date.
>
> BTW the ppp.conf.sample in the examples directory has grown a lot of
> useful comments in it, since the last time I looked at it.  Someone
> did a nice thing there.

I've changed my mind on this.  I just read the ppp pedantic primer, the
handbook page on ppp, and the ppp man page (well, skimmed the last two)
I believe it is time to grenade the ppp-primer and completely remove
it.  It doesn't document anything that the handbook and man page don't,
and it's not correct for the most part.  Getting it up to speed would be
a waste of time, and the end result would be at best documentation that
is accurate and echos what is already documented in the handbook and man
page.

Josh