Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:05:02 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spam

Stuart Duckworth <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk> types:
> I did so yesterday following some spam I received through freebsd-
> questions and today had an email from the .com saying that the
> offender has been removed.

Not all of them do that, but a lot respond in some way or another. I
have a "Complain" command in my UMA. It grovels through the body and
headers looking for likely email addresses to complain to, letting me
decide whether or not to use any particular one, then puts a canned
complaint and the entire message in a message for me to edit. I clean
up the headers some, and off it goes.

I believe that if Outlook had such a feature, spam would die very,
very quickly.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.