Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:14:01 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@ernstdehaan.com>
To:        Johann Kois <jkois@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyboard multiplexing?

Johann,

> Although I use the mentioned sources quite often your first
> source of information should always be FreeBSD's own
> documentation.  AFAIK every entry in the kernel config file
> should have its own man page.  In your case:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?
> query=kbdmux&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE

Nice one! Indeed the information in kbdmux(4) is very helpful. I now
have a basic idea of what kbdmux is about.

But I do not know whether I can safely remove it from my config file.
Which information source should I use for that? I assume GENERIC,
NOTES or the Handbook? Neither of them answers this question.

Lastly, useless comments are IMHO worse than no comments at all. But
my suggestion would be to have a one-line comment that really adds
value, answering the most basic questions, such as:
1. what is this?
2. do I need it or can I remove it?

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,