Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:52:55 +0200
From:      Christian Gusenbauer <c47g@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on V4L2 for BSD?

--nextPart8309255.KypGZRHRvg

Hi!

On Tuesday, 12. April 2005 22:14, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Jacob Meuser wrote:
> >I'd much rather see the problems fixed than a shim added to it.
> >how about working about multiple frame buffers?  that's probably need
> >for many V4L2 programs.  IMO, it would be better (maybe even easier)
> >to rewrite bktr with a V4L2 interface than to try to add V4L2 to it.
>
> I wasn't planning on either, but rather making a v4l2 framework to allow
> drivers and utilities to hook to each other.. whether the bktr driver
> gets rewritten
> or shimmed is an orthogonal question :-)

Well, that's exactly what I wrote some years ago. There's on one hand the v=
4l2=20
framework and on the other hand there's a driver (in my case, it's a bktr=20
one) which registers itself at the v4l2 framework. Then, the latter creates=
=20
the device nodes and the applications use these nodes to get in contact wit=
h=20
the driver. Julian, I think that's what you are looking for, isn't it?

Ciao,
Christian.