Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 12:42:03 +0200
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: don't know how to make buildincludes in buildworld from -stable to -current

more info on this problem:

Hans Lambermont wrote:

>     cd /usr/src; make buildincludes; make installincludes
>     make: don't know how to make buildincludes. Stop

I found the buildincludes target in share/mk/bsd.incs.mk
These mk files should have been used (
    MAKE=   PATH=${PATH} make -m ${.CURDIR}/share/mk -f Makefile.inc1
in the main Makefile) but are not. If I do a
    cd /usr/src; make -m share/mk -f Makefile.inc1 buildincludes
this target is made just fine.

I copied /usr/src/share/mk to /usr/share/mk , added the targets
'buildincludes installincludes' to 'TGTS' in the main Makefile , and now
    cd /usr/src; make buildworld
breaks a little later with:
    make: don't know how to make incsinstall. Stop

Is anyone else able to upgrade from stable to current ?

As usual any thoughts on this are welcome.

Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/