Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:03:41 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, tdv94ped@cs.umu.se (Paul Everlund)
Subject:   Re: Epson Perfection 1260 and SANE

Paul Everlund schrieb:,

> Has anyone got this scanner to work with FreeBSD 4.7 and SANE?

not exactly.  I tryied it there too.
deteced in 4.7-STABLE: (see /var/log/messages)

Feb 25 06:50:10 home /kernel: uscanner0: EPSON EPSON Scanner, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2

> When issued sane-find-scanner it finds it, telling me it's on
> libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0.

$ cd /dec && sh MAKEDEV uscanner0

> It also seems to use the backend Plustek, and in the [usb]
> section I have entered the correct vendor- and product-id.
> I have tried various settings for device, such as auto,
> libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen0, /dev/ugen0 and so on.

/dev/ugen0 gives here IO-errors,
and /dev/uscanner0 just hangs,
but it can be that I have disabled the USB-Interruptrs in the BIOS.
next reboot will tell.

[..]
> If you who reads this managed to make it work, can you please
> give me some hints?

Plustek works when changed in plustek.conf
[usb] 0x04b8 0x011d
device /dev/uscanner0

But here it works in 5.0-CURRENT.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]