Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:46:59 +0200
From:      Rink Springer <rink@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [RFC] mountd(8) patch to prevent flag removal

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

Hi,

At work, we recently moved our local webserver storage (which was plain UFS
along with the SUIDDIR mount option) to a separate NFS server. However, upon
NFS-exporting the filesystem from the NFS server (where it was mounted usin=
g -o
suiddir as well), this flag would vanish.

It turns out that this is due to a refactoring in mountd(8). I initially ma=
iled
Craig Rodrigues about this, who did the refactoring, but I haven't received=
 any
reply.

The problem is introduced in usr.sbin/mountd/mountd.c revision 1.81.2.2;
it uses nmount(2) with a flags argument of 0 to remount the filesystem.
Unfortunately, this means any specific mount-flags are removed from the
filesystem.

The patch to fix this is at http://rink.nu/tmp/mountd.c.diff; which I'd like
to commit to -HEAD and MFC later on. Would anyone be so kind to review this?

Thanks,

--=20
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"When will the internet move from 64Kb max .com domains to .exe
 domains which can use much more memory?" - Edwin Groothuis

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--