Date:      Fri,  2 Aug 2002 08:54:06 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   mysql-3.23.51 with Current for the last few weeks.

This doesn't make much sense and is probably not related  but I've had the
problem for about a month and thought it was going to go away but it hasn't.
I really don't know where to start looking.  Just after the KSE changes at
the beginning of July I upgraded mysql.  Since then I have had intermittent
problems with mysql hanging far too often.  It takes 100% of the resources
and has to be killed.  I get no errors in the mysql log nor in the system
logs.

Has anyone seen this or do you have any ideas for a solution or for trouble
shooting?  I wanted to try a pkg_add -r but there doesn't seem to be a
mysql-server package.

I am running today's current and I check it daily to see if it still hangs.
I initially thought that it was a problem with this version of mysql but I'm
not really sure.

Thanks,

ed