Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:38:51 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   package install problem on 9.0

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a duplicate, first one had the wrong from addr.

I installed 9-RELEASE on an SDD.  Hadn't done one since 6.2 so the new
install process was... different.

Was surprised not to have the x-user type install scenario.  Since the
handbook install doc says to use sysinstall for ports and packages, I
started up sysinstall and told it to install xorg-server, firefox,
thunderbird for starters.  It claimed it installed, and pkg_info says
there's a boatload of stuff installed, but I can't find any distfiles.
Previous X installs started up the server and tuned it, but nothing
happened in that regard either.

Is there some pkg target that gets the server, xterm, etc, all in one
dependency tree?  I can't find an xterm anywhere.

hints / clues?

Thanks,

Gary