Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:25:20 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TowerJ for FreeBSD

> Does anyone if TowerJ is going to ported to FreeBSD?
>
> http://www.twr.com/

Not unless someone pays for it (~$50K), or enough people (at least 10)
are willing to pay for a commercial copy of it (~$5K).

I spoke with their big cheese in November about this already, and
they're *really* busy with V3.0 right now (we hope to be beta-testing it
on Solaris RSN), so no 'free' version will be done.  They also expect to
not be doing anything in the near term because of the new version and
doing support for the other versions as well....

Nate