Date:      10 Jan 2006 09:01:30 -0000
From:      Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System time suddenly changed after reboot.

Running 5.3-RELEASE.

After many years of using FreeBSD, and as many reboots or more, I had
occasion to reboot today, and a few hours later discovered to my
horror that the system time had suddenly been moved ahead to the year
2020!

I did the best I could with the resulting mess, but I am curious if
anyone else has seen this, or what would cause it.  This is the same
hardware I have been running for a couple of years now, and I haven't
changed anything in the bios or system.

Thanks,
Scott
--