Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:38:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      tim cle <tim1timau@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get latest and greatest FAMP

--- Graham Bentley <gbentley@uk2.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to do a quick test of Apache21, MySQL5 and
> PHP5
> I tried a minimal install of FreeBSD 6.0 then
> pkg_add -r which
> worked fine up until PHP5 where I was told that
> Apache21
> conflicted with Apache13 that was to be installed as
> aPHP5
> dependancy. I pkg_delete and went ahead with
> installing
> PHP5 then Apache13 but when I tried to pkg_delete
> Apache13
> so I could install Apache21 was told that I coudl
> not remove it ?
>
> What the best way to do this ?

Hello,

If you were to start again from scratch - I use the
information on this page regularly to install
apache+ssl+php, it has very detailed instructions for
both apache13 and apache2:

http://www.bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/webserver/apache_ssl_php_mysql.php

To try and clean up what is currently there - it
sounds like a dependency on Apache 13 has been
created, so you need to find out what is depending on
it now, the following commands should tell you:

First of all, you need to know the exact name/version
of apache that is currently installed, type the
following:

pkg_info

Near the top you will see an item for "apache....."

Now type this - the "apache..." part should be exactly
the same as what you got from the previous command:

pkg_info -R "apache...."

Now you will see all the packages currently depending
on apache - you need to remove them first before you
can remove apache.

Or maybe just start again using the info in the first
link at the top.

Regards, Tim.