Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 22:50:21 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        phrotos@email.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to change the shell?

I just use; (Make sure you have several sessions open, kinda sucks to get
locked out....)

10:43pm@parrothd~>chsh parrothd=20
#Changing user database information for parrothd.
Shell: /usr/local/bin/tcsh
Full Name: User &
Location:
Office Phone:
Home Phone:
~
Make sure you edit the shells file if you add new shells;
10:44pm@parrothd/etc>more shells
# List of acceptable shells for chpass(1).
# Ftpd will not allow users to connect who are not using
# one of these shells.
/usr/local/bin/tcsh
/bin/sh
/bin/csh
10:44pm@parrothd/etc>

At 11:36 PM 5/10/99 -0400, phrotos@email.com wrote:
>Good Night
>
>First, I would like to congratulate all the freebsd staff because their
answer of my first question was so quickly. I didn=B4t see that in a few
hours I got a answer faster and other tech support of other operating
system (linux include). Now I have a new question for you FreeBSD guys,
actually I now that FreeBSD use the tcsh that means the C shell. Like any
Unix user, I like another shell which is the Bash shell of the unix
standard, I would like to know if you can help me again. Please tell me how
change from the C shell to the Bash shell or tell me please how to change
from C shell to another like the Bash shell.

>Thanks a lot for your help
>
>I will wait for your answer.

>=20
Jonathan E. Lyons   			FreeBSD:The Power to Serve
parrothd@midwest.net 			MCP, MCSE, A+ Certified
http://parrothd.midwest.net/=20
ICQ # 14226912