Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 1995 18:33:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: uucp installation

As J Wunsch wrote:

> =A1hola!

Oooops!  Who's converting these messages into quoted-printable?

Quoted-printable was one of the worst mistakes of MIME (not only in my
opinion).  People who are hanging off mailers that don't preserve the
8th bit get what they deserve, and the rest of the world will get a
message that's readable with any X11 screen, pcvt console, or even
Winglows ``terminal'' program.

I beg to the person who's been doing this to revert the change.  (I
cannot track down the location; the message left my mailer and the
next two mailers on my way with ``8bit'' encoding intact, so it must
be somewhere on the way to freefall or back from it.)

--
cheers, J"org