Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:49:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   postgres95.03 - bad syscall error.

		Hi there folx,

	I've compiled the DB using the advices from the
	netters ( everything works fine ... well, at least
	compiles :), if one changes the lex binary with flex
	2.5.2 and libl.a with libfl.a ... it was also advised
	to make copies of the original files - just in case).

	But! - when I start the postgres after initdb via
	"postmaster -S" - I get the error "Bad system call"
	and the program terminates :(

	I think this could be related to the fact that
	the kernel is compiled w/o SHMEM* ... but I'm
	not sure ( I"m recompiling the kernel right now).

	Does any1 have an explanation for this error ?

	Rashid