Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 13:41:54 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM
Subject:   AMD: local overrides on NIS maps?

I need to be able to locally (or on an OS basis) override mount options
in AMD maps, but I've been unsuccessful.

Assume I have a amd.conf that reads, in part:

  [ /foo/home ]
  map_name = foo_home

and a NIS map (foo_home) that contains exactly:

  bwithrow -type:=nfs;rfs:=/home/bwithrow; rhost:=pizzahut

I want to restrict NFS to be version 2 and UDP for certain hosts
(say freebsd ones ;-) *without* modifying the map, because that
may is centrally maintained and I don't want system/os specific
things in it.  I might want to modify other things (like rsize
and wsize) on a specific machine basis, and that *clearly* shouldn't
be in the map.

As far as I can tell, nothing I put in amd.conf will affect the mount
options in this map.  (And before suggesting doing that, please try
it out on a system to be sure it works!)

Any suggestions on how I can override mount options locally?

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 916 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com