Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ira L. Cooper" <ilcooper@tasc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting issue on ahc driver.

       I have 2 machines, one running 2.2.8-STABLE, and one running 3.1-STABLE.

Rough Config of the machines:

2.2.8:
	256mb RAM
	400MHZ Pentium II
	Tyan 1832DL Tiger 100 (BX Chipset)
	Adaptec 2940
	IBM UltraStar 9ZX
	Matrox G200 video
	3 de "Tulip" ethernet boards.

3.1:
	512mb RAM
	2x400MHZ Pentium II
	Tyan 1836DLUAN-GX Thunder 100 (On Board AIC7895) + fxp0
	2xIBM UltraStar 9ZX
	Matrox G200 Video.

---

	I was running some benchmarks of disk performance on the two machines.
	(Using bonnie, I can get you exact output if wanted)

	From this I can find out the following on 2.2.8:

With:
options AHC_TAGENABLE
options AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO

	I can get the drive to write ~13mb/sec the disk.

With:
options AHC_TAGENABLE

	I can write ~10mb/sec to the disk.

With no options: ~6mb/sec

     In all these cases I can read ~15mb a sec from the disk.

     On the 3.1 machine:

With or without AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO, I get ~10mb/sec, when I stripe them
using vinum I get ~20mb/sec.

      From this, my guess is that AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO isn't setting up MEMIO,
for some reason, could someone give me a tip to get this machine running
as fast as it should be?

   -Ira