Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:17:48 GMT
From:      "Chris McNett" <chrismcnett@hotmail.com>
To:        gawynn@hotmail.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail (newbie needs help!)

First log in as root.

Run /stand/sysinstall, and choose Configure and then Networking, and make
sure that the sendmail box is checked.  Then, you'll need an email client,
so cd /usr/ports/mail/pine4 and type "make" and (when that gets done) "make
install".  Then use the adduser command or /stand/sysinstall to add more
users.

Hopefully that should work.  If you get errors, email me back.

By the way, did you check out deja.com DISCUSSIONS before you posted this?
It probably has the answer to your question also.