Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:19:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Aaron Levin <alevin@bepress.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem with new /usr/ports/archivers/rpm checkin

> > i am trying to install /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base which depends on
> > /usr/ports/archivers/rpm.
> >
> > this had been working but suddenly, this new check in results in this
> > message when i try to build (make) /usr/ports/archivers/rpm.  i get the
> > following message:
> >
> > ===>   linux_base-7.1_5 depends on executable: rpm - not found
> > ===>    Verifying install for rpm in /usr/ports/archivers/rpm
> > ===>  rpm-3.0.6_7 is marked as broken: unknown LIBTOOL version: .
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/rpm.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > why is this marked as broken?  can you please tell me how to resolve this.
> > i have to update some production machines to this linux7 this weekend.
>
> The port builds successfully here.  Are you sure you have an
> up-to-date ports-base collection (Mk/*)?

yes - i just ran cvsup and my supfile contains only:

ports-base
ports-archivers
ports-emulators

i cvsup'd these about 3 hours ago and then returned an hour later and
built the linux_base package.  this problem happened, i looked online and
saw that the rpm package had change, re-cvsup'd and got the same result.

do i have to some how back out of the make i did for the linux_base?

to clarify.  i simply did a 'make' in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base not
a 'make install'

here is a uname -a for this machine is:

FreeBSD skip.bepress.com 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #0: Tue Jul 30
11:50:32 PDT 2002     alevin@skip.bepress.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SKIP
i386

before this latest update i successfully built this package on a 4.6.2
machine without a hitch!?

thanks for your help, i really appreciate it!

-aaron