Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:33:24 -0500
From:      Chris <chris@tellme3times.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE and 5.1 to 5.3 Upgrade

I upgraded my firewall from 5.1 to RELENG 5.3. Everything went fairly
well. First I would like to thank everyone for their efforts in
producing this graet OS.

I have a few minor problems. One is ppp nat which worked fine under 5.1
fails under 5.3. The system has acces to the net as I am able to send
this out but it does not allow any other systems access. If I can get
this to run I'll research my answers to the other problems. Here are the
rules which worked under 5.1. I built the kernel with netgraph and pppoe.

set filter alive 0 permit tcp

 set filter dial  0 permit 0 0 udp dst eq 53
 set filter dial  1 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq http
 set filter dial  2 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq login
 set filter dial  3 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq shell
 set filter dial  4 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq telnet
 set filter dial  5 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq ftp
 set filter dial  6 permit 0 0 tcp dst eq 22
 set filter dial  7 deny ! 0 0 tcp dst eq 4000

 set filter in   0 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp estab
 set filter in   1 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp dst eq 22
 set filter in   2 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp dst eq 25
 set filter in   3 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp dst eq 53
 set filter in   4 permit 0/0  0/0  udp dst eq 53
 set filter in   5 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp dst eq 80
 set filter in   6 permit 0/0  0/0  tcp src eq 143
 set filter in   7 permit xx.xx.xx.xx/32 0/0
 set filter in   8 permit xx.xx.xx.xx/32 0/0
 set filter in   9 permit 0/0  0/0  icmp src eq 3
 set filter in   10 permit 0/0  0/0  icmp src eq 4
 set filter in   11 permit 0/0  0/0  icmp src eq 11
 set filter in   12 permit 0/0  0/0  icmp src eq 12

 set filter in   13 permit 0/0  0/0  icmp src eq 0

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you