Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:42:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@mailhub.psn.ie>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel panic with Userconfig on 3.1-STABLE

On a 3.1-STABLE system I noticed I could get the kernel to panic by doing
the following:

boot into userconfig (-c)
go into visual mode
press ? for help
keep pressing 'D' for page down.

once i got to the "end" i could still actually keep going "down" so to
speak, and after seeing some rubbish on the screen (looked like the
contents of memory to me) the kernel paniced and then rebooted due to a
page fault I think.

is this just my freaky system or has anybody else noticed this ?

(on the same machine under a 2.2.6 generic kernel, this bug was not
present though)

Cillian.