Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:07:56 +0300
From:      Yaad Golani <usey@actcom.co.il>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to make the keyboard work "properly"

I'd like to add to that that I'm having the same problem exactly under X1=
1=20
(with the DEL/Backspace/Home/End keys). Haven't yet checked what it's lik=
e=20
remotely, but it's very annoying me as well.=20

So for instance, in pico [through xterm], when I press on "DEL" I guess a=
=20
weird beep and an "Unknown Command", that is valid for a normal terminal =
as=20
well. Also, I tried changing my terminal but nothing worked as well.

A solution would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

On Monday 30 September 2002 19:32, Jorge Mario G. wrote:
> HELLO.
>
> here is my problem. When I'm on the machine the
> keyboard works perfect, but when i conect to that box
> thru SSH (Putty) the keyboard is a mess; backspace is
> delete, delete doesnt work! nor does HOME, END.
>
> I've tried ever possible putty configuration with no
> luck!!
> I've tried messing with the /etc/inputrc file but
> that's a no go
>
> I dont know what to do and this "error" is getting
> very annoying
> specially cus one of the boxes is used for programming
> and all other guys are starting to scream at me
>
> the Linux boxes work perfect from the same "clients"
> so for sure the problem is FreeBSD related
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> NOTE: I've tried so many different keybind in the
> .inputrc file that I dont even bother pasting them
> here
>
> I'm using the lastest putty (0.52) and
> FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE
>
> I still cant get the keyboard to work properly and
> this is sad cus I'll have to drop FreeBSD as a
> development plataform just for such stupid problem
> Thanks
>

> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--=20
Best Regards,