Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:55:43 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   configuring dial-up for extreme novices (i.e. Mom).

Hi folks,

My mom has been using FreeBSD via DSL for some time.  I'm about to
move her to dial up.  I'm going to use userland ppp and postfix.

My initial untested idea is to create a script for her which will:
- ppp --dial HerISP,
- wait for the connection to come up
- then flush the mail queue
- run fetchmail to grab anything waiting
- kill the connection

Anyone already done this?  Any suggestions?

I originally asked this back in March, but now the time has come to
actually do the work.  The original thread is
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1441965+0+archive/2003/fr
eebsd-questions/20030316.freebsd-questions
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/