Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:58:57 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   bktr driver signaling broken

Okay after bashing my skull against this problem for some time now, I've
narrowed this problem down.  What Im attempting to do is get a signal from the
bktr driver after each frame is posted.  The code in the kernel supports this.
It even works for some output formats.  The problem is the driver never sees a
"completed" frame in continous mode, unless your in RGB16 (possibly others, I
havent checked).  If your in YUV mode, you get signaling something like so:

Field is 1 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00311243
                00311243
Complete frame? 00111243 & 300000 = 100000
Field is 1 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00111243
                00111243
Out of sync, starting over
Field is 2 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00311243
                00311243
Out of sync, starting over
Field is 1 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00311243
                00311243
Complete frame? 00111243 & 300000 = 100000
Field is 1 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00111243
                00111243
Out of sync, starting over
Field is 2 [EVEN:2, ODD:1]
Completed field 00311243
                00311243

Where for some reason the (card/driver?) is signalling incorrect field
ordering (or correct, I dont have the docs).  In any case the driver feels
since it doesnt have a nice 2 field frame, it never enters the signal the app
there is a frame code.

Any of the authors of this driver, or anyone with brooktree experience got any
ideas?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich         Eon Entertainment         henrich@msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich