Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:26:35 +0200
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_pptpgre problems: tcp connections reset unexpectedly

On Monday 29 January 2007 20:25, Alexander Motin wrote:
> It is released now. And if you will have there any problems, they must
> be fixed before next release. So inform me.

The problem I had is gone. mpd4 cannot be compared to mpd3.
It is by far superior, both usability-wise and networking-ability-wise.

thanks.

> > To complicate things a bit more sftp over the same the link works reliably
> > (different sockopts?). http fails, ftp fails but sftp works as usual.
> >
> > Eventually a read(2) fails:
> >   1794 fetch    CALL  read(0x3,0x8057730,0xd0)
> >   1794 fetch    RET   read -1 errno 60 Operation timed out
>
> Strange result IMHO for reading from TCP socket. I will try to
> investigate this.
>
> > It seems to work with disabled windowing. If you are interested in
> > tracking down this, I would be glad to help.
>
> I will try to look into it. If you will have some more interesting
> results send them to me.

I can provide you a pptp peer to connect to. I can reproduce it
easily from home, I am opening a pptp tunnel over the pppoe
connection and it happens frequently.

Nikos