Date:      Thu, 22 May 2008 13:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fritz Katz <frtzkatz@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   TV-Tuner cards ( NTSC / PAL / SECAM ) - which works best?

Is there a TV-Tuner card (that works under FreeBSD!)
which can tune to RF-input with any of the world's TV
standards?

Or, do I need to open up my PC and switch out the card
when I travel to Europe/USSR/USA/Japan/...

Please post your success and failure stories about
TV-Tuner cards here!

While we're at it, has anyone been able to get any of
the USB TV tuners working with FreeBSD?

------------------

I'll go first with a failure story.

I bought a Zogis "Real Angel 220 PCI Analog TV Tuner"
http://www.zogis.com/main_products_series_tv_tuner_PCI_RA220.htm

The box claims it supports PAL-BG/DK/I/M/N, NTSC,
SECAM

However, I peeled-back the sticker covering the
TV-tuner canister on the board and discovered the part
number "TNF 5535-MF" which appears to be an NTSC-only
part.

Using KBTV ( http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv/ ) the
composite input works OK. However when I connect an
antenna and attempt a channel scan -- the program
hangs.

Best Regards,
-- Fritz Katz