Date:      24 Jun 1997 08:41:50 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPIB program?

Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net> writes:

> Hi:
>
> I have a national instruments GPIB card and I am trying to use it under
> FreeBSD. I noticed the "gp"  device, so I know there is at least a driver
> that can be compiled into the kernl, but do we have a program in the ports
> collection that talks to the driver and records the data?

Fred Cawthorne (sp?) has a new version of his driver. I can send it to
you if you want. It contains a library for acccessing the device.

Your other choice is linux-gpib. Look at http://www.llp.fu-berlin.de/.

> P.S. please reply privately to me, I am not on this mailing list.. Thanks.

`Group reply' takes care of that. BTW, freebsd-hardware would probably
be a better list for a question like this.

tg